According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the sugar substitutes market is forecast to grow from USD 14.9 Billion in 2019 to USD 18.8 Billion by 2027, at a CAGR of 4.6%, during the forecast period.
Sugar substitute contains significantly lighter food energy than sugar-based sweeteners, making it a low-calorie sweetener or zero-calorie. The growth exhibited by the global sugar substitute market is a result of various factors such as the developing economies and subsequently increasing income of consumers, rising awareness about nutrition, hectic lifestyle, increasing geriatric population coupled with diabetes, and increasing obesity prevalence. The global prevalence of diabetes was estimated to be 8.8% standardized for people of 20-79 years, which translated to 424.9 million people in 2018. The International Diabetes Federation (IDF) also predicted that prevalence is likely to increase to 9.9% of the population by 2045. In addition to diabetes, the IDF estimates that another 352.1 million people worldwide are expected to have had pre-stage diabetes, called Impaired Glucose Tolerance (IGT), in 2017. For these people, the manifestation of diabetes could be prevented by appropriate measures like diet control and lifestyle changes. The use of sugar substitutes could see an increased uptake by the people from this group as it does not cause diabetes compared to other sweeteners.
Get sample copy of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/1329
The major players in the sugar substitutes market are Tate Lyle (U.K.), Cargill, Inc. (US), Archer Daniels Midland Company (U.S.), Ingredion Inc. (U.S.), Roquette Frères (France), Ajinomoto Co. Inc. (Japan), JK Sucralose Inc. (China), PureCircle (Malaysia), The NutraSweet Company (U.S.), and E. I. DuPont De Nemours (U.S.).
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Low-calorie/reduced sugar consumption has been a major trend in the last few years. From stevia to aspartame, people are looking for ways to alleviate diabetic and obesity issues. Nearly 7 million people reported using stevia, making them one of the most commonly used sugar substitutes in 2019.
- “Transparency” and “Sustainability” are the major trends in sugar substitute products, the industry has led new initiatives like, Good Agricultural and Collection Practices and Good Manufacturing Practices for Botanical Materials, Global Retailer and Manufacturer Alliance (GRMA) and the Botanical Adulterants Program which controls the transparency will be more prominent.
- Low sugar claims have been a major trend in the last five years. New product introductions making a low/no/reduced sugar claim have grown steadily in the last five years, while low/no/reduced calorie claims have declined. Differences by region are substantial, with Latin America having the most products with claims overall. 6% of food and beverage products launched in the U.S. made a low/no/reduced sugar claim in 2017, up from 4% in 2012.
- The Asia-Pacific Market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR of 5.2% during the forecast period. Growing disposable incomes in emerging economies such China, and India is likely to foster the market growth. Demand for sugar substitutes will rise in developing, nations where preventative healthcare is seen as a springboard to work towards a better health index.
Request customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/1329
Segments covered in the report:
This report forecasts revenue growth at a global, regional country level, and provides an analysis of the market trends in each of the sub-segments from 2017 to 2027. For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data have segmented the sugar substitutes market on the basis of origin, type, product, application, end-use and region:
Origin Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2020 -2027)
Category Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2020-2027)
- High Intensity Sweeteners
- Low intensity Sweeteners
- High Fructose Syrup
Product Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2020-2027)
- Sugar Alcohols
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2020-2027)
- Baked Goods
- Dairy Frozen Yogurt
- Ice cream
- Fruit juices Zero Calorie Drinks
- Carbonated Soft Drinks (CSD)
- Functional Drinks
- Others (powdered beverages, flavored water)
End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Billion; 2020 -2027)
- Food Beverage Manufacturers
- Table tops
- Restaurants and Hotels
- Cruise Line
- Fast food Centers
Browse full report here @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/sugar-substitutes-market
Radical Features of the Sugar Substitutes Market Report:
- Valuable insights into the Sugar Substitutes market to impart an in-depth understanding of the business verticle
- An 8-year forecast estimation along with an analysis of key elements of the market
- Technological advancements, regulatory framework, and recent developments covered in the report
- Growth analysis and projections until 2027
- Statistical analysis of the key players operating in the Sugar Substitutes industry
Thank you for reading this article. You can also get chapter-wise sections or region-wise report coverage for North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East Africa.
Explore other reports from different publications:
Head of Business Development
Reports And Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com/
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370